New York Fashion Week

I am not the fashion week girl. It gives me headaches galore to even think about looking through thousands of pictures of stick thin models in clothes that sometimes confuse me. If you are that type of person though check out my homie Dwayne Woodstock's fashion blog for a run down of collections presented at New York Fashion Week {NYFW}. Also visit my fave The Sartorialist for beautiful pictures aplenty. I cannot let this fashion week pass though without offering my twisted view on what I observed.


  • A lot of knits and leather
  • Focus on contrasts hard/soft, close fitting/drape
  • Contrasts evident in mix of soft fabrics (wool/cotton knits, silk, chiffon) with hard more rigid fabrics (leathers, tweed, denim), use of mostly rigid fabrics seen
  • The exaggerated hip is evidenced in almost all collections I viewed. Definite current trend from couture to off the rack.
  • I have mentioned that assymetrical necklines/hemlines are a new treend for the season and it was seen in every collection, done in every possible way.
  • The most ready to wear collection Adam Lippes. I loved/liked almost every piece and could easily see their transalation.
  • Color's seen most black and tan [Clone High reference Whoop! Whoop!], very little color varia in some collections, where there was mostly reds and blues.
Why is fall so drab? It's a beautiful time of year I would figure inspiration would be taken from that but I can see that some designers took inspiration from the current socio-economic time.

Here a re a few of the many viewed that I really liked.







A
D
A
M

L
I
P
P
E
S





















HERVE LEGER

















JASON WU





  



     MARC JACOBS










MONIQUE LHUILLIER

PETER SOM


RODARTE

















VICTORIA BECKHAM
Y-3


















I was deeply saddened by the death of Alexander McQueen just before his showing of an immensely impressive collection. His prints and brocades were beyond beautiful, breathtaking. His art, his eye, his vision, his being will be missed and mourned for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment